Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursdays weigh in! 320.5


Ready for this.......320.5. I did it, i really thought this week i was going to stay the same. I am so happy i did lose weight. Which makes this weeks weight loss 3.2 lbs.... a total of 29.5 lbs in 7 and a half weeks. Not bad. Thanks again you guys for the help. I did have a little worry today. I know i have a problem with using food to make me happy. and i saw one of my co-workers eating dove chocolate and just really enjoying it. I really thought to myself "wow that looks so good, and she looks so happy. I wont ever be able to be happy like that again." With further reflection i know that food was a replacement to fill the void in my life that makes me content. But i also know how much happier with life i will be, once i am a smaller size. I hate not going out and doing things because i am afraid of where will i sit, or can i walk with the group and not fill like a fat ass because i am huffing and puffing. I do know that I don't need food to make me happy. Its just who i was. I was the person that had food for comfort. I just have to work till its no longer who i am and learn to work threw emotions like a skinny person. I have to find what it is that they do or think during those down times. Because if they ate what i did when i was upset they would be just as big as I. But i know its a work in progress and i haven't given in, or i wont give in. But knowing that i was even thinking the way i was, really scares me. So i know that a part of me wants to give up, but I am not because a bigger part of me knows that i am doing so well. I know that i have to take it one day at a time and any addict goes threw the same emotions , feelings that i am going threw now. As long as i am honest and realize i still have a problem and not give in, things will be fine. There is no falling off the wagon for me this time. Really it just gets harder and harder to quit every time you try to jump back on the wagon. Don't worry, just letting you again know the truth. I wont give up!

*Picture- Christmas 2007.

5 comments:

  1. Manda well done. I'm so proud of you. You may not realize it but you have changed your behavior already. The fact that you just thought about the Dove but didn't eat it proves that. Great job. By the way I still miss you...we all do. Don't let that life time membership to the "back row" go unused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your loss Manda. That is soooooo great. And almost 30 pounds in just 7 weeks. You rock a little. Go on do the dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie,
    I am so proud of you. I know that this is a huge struggle for you and has been for a long time. But look at you, breaking through like the Rock Star you are:) Love you and I am so happy that you are back with me at FFFF. I missed you so much. Thanks for just being you....your awesome:)
    Love Ya,
    CJ:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again. I miss you. I dread going to work and not having you there. Thanks for letting me cry on the phone to you last night. :( Hopefully, it's just PMS or fatigue that is making me so miserable and it will all end soon. & everything will be back to "normal."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I solemly swear to never bring dove chocolates to work again. I am so proud of you. You are beautiful (and always have been) but I glad that you feel so much better about yourself!! Plus I love it that you are my manager again.

    ReplyDelete